Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 9, 2012

"The Way" by book review of this amazing modern day Bible by Candace Duiker

It's an amazing feeling to have this translation of the Bible come to life in your hands. In these crazy, sometimes chaotic times, with every other joe deciding what 'reality' is and then getting a reality show for saying so. This New Living Translation of the Bible called:  "The Way" ties together the bible stories we all remember growing up to now using black and white photos that really speak to today's generation and to those before and one below.  As well, as current stories of real people who struggling with issues that were similar in some aspect to our ancestors.  It speaks of hope, strength and resilience that real people have felt at the bottom of the barrel in luck, or just plain out and out forgotten.  The beauty of their spiritual reawakening and learning to love of self and others is awesome.  My personal favorite has always been Job in any copy of the bible.  Job is an everyday kind of guy who just cannot believe how so many negative things can keep happening to him.  We've all felt like Job at various times I'm certain of it.  However, he may question God on matters that our human hearts have trouble understanding, but he never stops loving God.  Even in my own Job moments, when I wonder the whys of certain things I do still love God. What's more the answers inevitable come forth in much better ways then I could ever have brought about by trying to force myself to understand and another point in time.  This Bible "The Way" I think is a wonderful way to make the Bible exciting and feel much more relevant to all of us.  It takes the fear factor out and deals with our hearts and minds in a deeper, yet gentler way, it's how I percieve God to be.  I've already had many discussions with my family about "The Way" and they are very curious to understand what I'm talking about.  So I am recommending this book "The Way," to whoever wants a current, easy to understand copy of the Bible.  It will really make you go hmmmmmmmmm.Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.
By Candace Duikerhttp://www.grafmartin.com/
http://www.amazon.ca/
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/